We use team play to equip your team members develop problem solving and decision-making skills. Effective teams must know how to define and analyze problems and to make decisions that help reach desired outcomes. A solid problem-solving process helps them do this with maximized efficiency.
Whether or not it is their specific mission, most teams inside organizations are created to solve either one or a series of business problems.
Even established tasks often present teams with new challenges, as business methods or workflows change.
Team Problem Solving and Decision Making is a workshop that provides intact teams the opportunity to learn about and develop a solid problem-solving process that incorporates tools for problem analysis and decision making.
Team members learn how to ask questions that promote good decisions, and how to use decision grids to support their team’s approach to a specific issue.
Team members will develop both personal and team action plans for improving their problem-solving and decision-making skills.
This team building workshop is intended for employees at all levels who are members of intact teams. Managers and senior leaders who oversee the activities of teams will also benefit, whether or not they are “members” of the team.
Benefits of Team Building
- Define and analyze team problems
- Describe desired outcomes
- Identify and evaluate options for solving team problems
- Apply decision-making tools to narrow down options
- Plan and implement solutions
- List the essential steps in the problem-solving process
- Summarize key decision-making methods
- Describe questions and behaviors that promote good decisions
- Use decision grids
- Apply what they have learned about problem solving and decision making to a real problem that their team is facing
- Create a plan of action for improving their team’s problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Outline of the team building seminar
- What Do We Know about Solving Problems
- The Problem-Solving Process
- What Do We Know about Making Decisions
- Decision-Making Methods
- Decision Grids
- Creating and Implementing Action Plans
Interactive and experiential. Attendees participate in a series of group activities including large group discussions and participant notebook review, complemented by a series of lecturettes.
Bring this team building seminar to your organization today!